Friday, September 2, 2011

I Love Kids! Really! But...

When Mr. Warbs and I started planning for the wedding, we agreed on a couple of things right off the bat. First, we decided to limit the guest list to 50 people. Weddings of 200-300 guests are great, but I have no idea how you are supposed to spend time with all of your guests. Besides, I don't even know 200 people. Second, we decided that other than my nieces and adorable nephew, we will be having an adult reception.

Say whaaat?
Image via (fanpop.com)

I don't hate kids. They're cute, cuddly and give me excuses to play with toys. In fact here are a few of my favorite kids:

My two nieces and I

My nephew


*All photos are personal unless noted otherwise

But on occasion, they can also be scene stealing, screaming, moody creatures. While I don't want to upset any of our guests, I want them to have a good time and not to worry about their children. OK, without sounding like a bridezilla, I also don't want to have to worry about their children. I may not understand because I don't have any kids myself, but I don't think I would be upset if a bride made the same request. And with only 50 guests, I'd rather enjoy my wedding day with adults rather than two and three year olds who won't remember the day anyway. Maybe I can write "enjoy a night out without the kids" on our invites? 

How about you Hive? Any other adult only receptions?

1 comment:

  1. we only had 3 kids there and they were all between 7-12 so they weren't even really kids - but we also have no children in either of our families, so it was a pretty easy decision to make it adult only.

    ReplyDelete