Sunday, September 25, 2011

DIY Make-Up

 Now that I have an idea of what my engagement sesh look will be, it's time to get the make-up down. While Mr. Warbs was busy with football this weekend, I tried out some "war paint" as Mama Warbler likes to call it. I've worn make-up before, but have only recently started wearing it on a regular basis. My main problem is that no matter what I do, I always end up looking shiny after only a couple of hours. I sweat a lot, (TMI?) even when it's not hot out, so I'm constantly feeling self conscious. I needed to find something that wouldn't make me look as shiny. A friend of mine recommended MAC's Oil Control Lotion and swore that it kept her shine free.

Image via MAC Cosmetics

A quick trip to my local MAC store and I had the magic elixir in hand. A helpful make-up artist also recommended I try the Prep + Prime Face Protect cream. She said that the cream helps prevent oil from breaking through your skin. I was skeptical because it was kind of pricey, but decided to go home and try it. 

Image via MAC Cosmetics

First here is my freshly washed face:

Bleh!

And here I am after applying fresh war paint:


I'm wearing concealer, powder, eye shadow, eye liner, bronzer, mascara and lip gloss. I also used a pencil to color in my eyebrows. I liked the way it all turned out, but was anxious to see how long I lasted shine free. Eventually Mr. Warbs ventured away from the TV and we went for a walk around the neighborhood. We needed to pick up a few things from the store and I also wanted to scout for good photo op places. It took us about an hour and half before we stopped to get something to eat. Even though I was sweating in the sun, my make-up held up! I will definitely be adding the Prep + Prime Face Protect to my make-up routine. Thank you, MAC!




What are your make-up must haves?

*All photos are personal unless noted otherwise.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! You're one of the lucky few who have naturally beautiful skin. You don't even need makeup, girl!


    I'm starting my giveaway today, BTW. Thought you'd like it since you're a bride-to-be.

    Check it out so you can enter to win some awesome "I DO" crystal shoe stickers!

    http://theblushingbrides.blogspot.com/2011/09/bridal-giveaway-contest.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful! It looks great, glad you found that product worked for you so well! I love my smashbox photo finish...I put it on before applying makeup and it makes it silky smooth and last longer!

    ReplyDelete