Thursday, December 29, 2011

Once More With Shimmer

After my first make-up trial, I decided to be a little more selective in finding the next make-up artist. I poured through countless websites looking for examples, reviews and of course, prices. I was pretty lucky to find a few who were still around during the holidays and had good reviews online. The day after Christmas, I had a trial with a nice woman who was also the most affordable. I was pretty adamant about the amount of coverage I wanted and probably came across as bitchy. Oh well, she did a great job anyway!

From the beginning I felt comfortable because she told me what she was doing every step of the way. I think my bitchiness about coverage might have gotten to her because she used super light coverage. I was happy I didn't look all crazy, but would have been fine with a tad bit more coverage. I know, I sound like Goldilocks. Hive, wedding make people crazy. She got major points for asking before applying shimmer to my face. I absolutely cannot stand shimmer because I always tend to leave traces of it it on everything and everybody. But since she had a light hand, I let her try it out. It actually looked really pretty. You win this one, shimmer. We also tried out some false lashes which I was surprisingly OK with. I'm normally a freak about things going in, around or near my eyes. But I could barely feel the lashes and they made me look hot. But, I was scared I wouldn't be able to take them off by myself so I had her take them off before she left so you won't see them in the photos. Yup, I'm that girl.

Anyway, here are a few photos of the MUA's handiwork.

 Yay! I still look like me!

 We played around with two different eye colors. I liked the left eye better because it looked warmer.

Eye close-up.

 Very light color on my cheeks. Plus you can barely see the shimmer!

I was happy with the trial and I got even happier when I got the thumbs up from Mr. Warbs. No seven layer dip face this time! This one is definitely a winner. 

How many make-up trials did you have?

No comments:

Post a Comment