Sunday, July 17, 2011

Bridesmaid Dresses, Revisted

Dessy Twist Wrap Dress
Image via Dessy.com

Remember my previous post on bridesmaid dress post? The one where I played the part of the gracious bride who left the dress decisions up to the girls? Well, I kind of went back on that a teeny bit. OK, maybe more than a teeny bit, but I'm still being flexible!

I thought once I gave my ladies the freedom to go ahead and choose their own dresses the decision would be out of my hand. But BMs Coco and Gemini (made up names for sure) still wanted further instructions. "What kind of dresses? What fabric, what colors?" I soon realized that the cut and style of the dress was probably more important to the girls than the fabric or color. So much to my delight, I introduced the Dessy Twist Wrap Dress into the discussion. Oh, how I love this dress. It can be wrapped to form a multitude of styles from strapless to sleeves. Dessy has even added a helpful "How to Wear" section on their website which details how to make the different styles. Um, yes!

 Style Examples
Image via Bridesmaids.com

Since all of the ladies have different body types and heights, I thought this would be the best option for everyone. However, I wasn't too sure about the fabric: Jersey Matte. In my experience Jersey fabric has come across as cheap looking and not really appropriate for formal events. So I called up a few stores to see if they had the dress in stock. I had the hardest time tracking this elusive dress down. I literally called over ten stores and everyone said they didn't have it, but could order it for me at a price and I could sell it back if I didn't like it. I wasn't too keen on this idea so I started looking around for different options. But, as luck would have it I found a store that had the dress in stock, just around the corner from my office! Was this Fate? I'd like to think so! So BM Coco and I went to check it out. I was so happy that they even had it in our color! Here are the photos from her fabulous photo shoot:

All photos are personal unless noted otherwise













We had a ton of fun learning how to wrap the dress. I think with no knowledge going into it, we did a decent job. But we'll definitely need to look at a few videos before the big day. Coco's favorite style was the second one pictured above. The saleslady who helped us informed us that the dresses tend to run big. She was right, the dress BM Coco is wearing is a small and she still had plenty of room. We only tried a few of the styles before we both agreed that this was the dress. With the Twist Wrap dress everyone can still look unique, but look uniform with the same shade of red and fabric. So there you have it!

Did anyone else have a change of heart regarding bridesmaid dresses?

7 comments:

  1. I seriously LOVE this dress!!!! It's like 30 dresses in 1! I thought about getting it for myself for my rehearsal dinner dress so I could wear it many times in different ways! Good choice, bride! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea. I love having different bridesmaid dresses that still look cohesive. It ends up looking playful and fun, but still formal. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, heck yes I am super excited about this dress! Cannot wait to go fitting for one! And um, yeah nicole would be a coco. oh, whoops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm trying to protect your identity TANYA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really appreciate the kind of topics you post here. Thanks for sharing us a great information that is actually helpful. Good day!
    Bridesmaid Dresses

    ReplyDelete