Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I've Got STDs

Okay, my maturity level seems to be dropping lower with every wedding task I complete. Seeing as I'll never get to make fun of the unfortunate Save the Date acronym again, dammit I am going to have my fun while it lasts! While brainstorming about our invitation and STD suite, I came across this lovely bit of inspiration:

Image via The Our Wedding Day Blog / Invitation by Greenwich Letterpress

This takes my obsession with Penguin Books to a whole new (actually doable) level! The invitation is a homage to the old Penguin books that had similar covers for popular books. I'm normally not a cutesy person, but the penguin holding the champagne glass maxed out my cute tolerance. This image brought me to this one:

Awesome collection of Penguins books
(Source
Since I was already trying to find ways for our stationary reinforce our loose theme of books, I was determined to make this work. I think that the simple design works better as an STD rather than an invitation. Recently Penguin Publishers released a set of postcards of their most famous book covers.


Image via Penguin.com

One hundred covers in one box. Pretty cool.
Image via Penguin.com

While I think postcards are the perfect size (4X6) for our STDs, I'm afraid they might get ruined in the mail and end up looking pretty sorry when they get to our guests. MOH J5 offered up some alternate suggestions that I'm musing over. I have a tentative example to show you, but I'm not going to because I most likely will make some tweaks. Here's a sneak peak though!

3 comments:

  1. What a fantastic idea!I can't wait to see what you come up with! So cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I love your inspiration! It definitely comes through! :) Oh, and when my future mr. saw my post about my "STD"s he pulled me aside and said, "Hey, Heidi... I'm not sure if you know this, but STD also stands for.." haha, it was cute :)
    I got a kick out of reading the acronym in my post and yours :)

    ReplyDelete