Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Wedding Invitations Craze

I'm getting way ahead of myself, but lately I've been obsessing about wedding invitations. Why am I worrying about that when I haven't even booked a photographer yet? Because I've been following Jessica Claire's blog and it's pretty amazing. Jessica is a photographer who recently married and has been sharing her creative ideas. For her invitations she took a bunch of old hardcover books, hollowed them out and placed her invitations inside. The finished product looked like this:

Amazing!
Image via JessicaClaire.net / Invitations by Kari Dyas

Image via JessicaClaire.net / Invitations by Kari Dyas

Did I mention that these were hand-made?
Image via JessicaClaire.net / Invitations by Kari Dyas

Image via JessicaClaire.net / Invitations by Kari Dyas

Since I want to incorporate my love for books and overall nerdiness into the wedding, I desperrately wanted to copy her invitations. I went out and scoured used bookstores for cheap old hardcovers. But, when it came down to it, I couldn't bear the thought of slicing apart a book. Even if it is for an artsy project. I did want to do something with books so I hit Google and found these beauties:

Penguin Hardcover Classics!


Gorgeous hardcover classics from one of my favorite publishers? Yes. Penguin is releasing more every day, but so far the titles include Sense and Sensibility (above), Little Women, The Divine Comedy, A Christmas Carol, The Odyssey, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Great Expectations, Treasure Island and more. I have an idea of how I want to use them, but I'm not telling yet. I will say that I am definitely NOT slicing these babies up.

More on that later! Right now I want to share a wedding invitation video I came across on Vimeo. It was super cute and almost swayed me away from my book idea. I also want to use the song in the ceremony somehow, it's so beautiful.

Enjoy!




Josh+Amy - Wedding Invitation Video from Matt E on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment