Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Biggest Lie

Seven months ago, I bought my wedding dress and didn't show you guys any photos because Mr. Warbs reads my blog religiously (like a good husband). It was really important to me to keep the dress a secret from him, and I'm not good at keeping secrets or lying. I can't even tell little white lies usually. I'm the worst because I either admit it right away or over complicate simple things. Whenever I tell a lie, it usually goes something like this:

Mr. Warbs: So, did you eat the lunch I made you?
Me: Um...yeah. I did.
Mr. Warbs: Did you like it?
Me: OK, I went to Curry House instead. I'm sorry.
Mr. Warbs: Why did you lie? And why did you admit it right away?
Me: I don't know. Sorry. I felt guilty. Sorry.
Mr. Warbs: It's OK. I knew you were lying. You're terrible at it.
Me: I know.

So after I bought my dress, I vowed to keep it a secret from Mr. Warbs until the wedding. The best thing I could think of was to keep the dress out of our apartment. However, the dress didn't need any alterations (because it was obviously perfect and meant to be) so I was able to leave David's Bridal with it. MIL Warbler offered to keep it at her house, but I was afraid that it would be the first place Mr. Warbs would look. And I kinda didn't want the dress out of my possession. I loved it so much!

That's when I came up with the kind of stupid-at-the-the-moment lie that I usually end up blowing. I decided to tell Mr. Warbs that the dress was still at the shop and really hide it in our apartment. And you guys, I pulled it off! After lunch, MIL Warbler and I snuck the dress upstairs and stuffed it in the back of my closet. I know that doesn't sound like a very secure place, but there's so much crap in our closet, I knew Mr. Warbs would never notice it. And he didn't. After a week, I told him that I picked up the dress and BM E was holding it for me. It was the only lie I think I've ever successfully kept up. Several times, I thought I had given myself away, but Mr. Warbs later said he had no idea. Woo hoo!

Looooonnng story short, here are the photos I couldn't show you from my first dress post. Introducing my tulle Oleg Cassini dress from David's bridal. Or as I affectionately call her, Olga.



 I loved my veil!



Me and the lady who found the dress, BM Tata!

Sneak peek of my walk down the aisle
Guest photo

Did you keep your dress a secret from your partner?

All photos are personal unless otherwise noted

1 comment:

  1. I honestly want to show him my dress but HE doesn't want to see it until our wedding day. But he knows my dress is in the guest room closet.

    Takara
    http://mrshammondandmore.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete