Friday, August 26, 2011

Let's Talk About Hair, Baby

Typically, I wear my hair in two down styles: straight and curly. I don't think it suits me to wear it up, but occasionally when I'm running late or my hair is not cooperating, I'll pull it up in a ponytail.

I wear my hair long and straight in the cooler months.

Long oval face, no good for up-dos. 
Personal Photo

I switch up my 'do in the summer for a curly weave. Yup, I wear weaves.

Personal Photo

So, I always assumed I would wear my hair down for my wedding as well. I may have even practiced with a few accessories.

Personal Photo

But, a wedding is supposed to be the one day where you can fancy it up. A little voice in my head (hello mom) keeps saying "try something different". Then I remembered that I rocked a half-up, half-down 'do for prom that I loved. Wanna see Miss Warbler back in high school? Let's do the time warp!


 Forget about the hair, check out my guns!
Personal Photo

Personal Photo

To be fair, that was more of a one-fourth up, three-fourths down 'do. But those photos inspired me to seek out similar hairstyles.

Hmm, this kind of reminds me of a beehive.
Image via Easy Hairstyler

Image via Easy Curls

Please ignore her boobs.

Carrie Underwood's photo is definitely making its way on my inspiration board. I love how her hair cascades across her forehead and the curls. But, I still have my safe options. I might have my hairstylist try a couple half-up, half-down styles so I can have a clear image. What do you think? Should I fancy it up or stay safe?

2 comments:

  1. Girl, I think you could totally pull off the half-up do and look fabulous! I really love Carrie Underwood's hair in that pic. Plus, I love you with curly hair, so I think it could look great on you! Just give it a shot at your hair trial, and if you don't like it, you can always just wear it down :)

    XO

    http://theblushingbrides.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say go fancy! Love that Carrie 'do :)

    ReplyDelete